I am aching for the leaves to turn and for that little bit of crisp air to come through the windows. I was planning on trying this recipe out once this actually happened, though I simply couldn’t wait! I had to to make them:)
This Recipe is from 100 Days of Real Food and it’s quite delicious, I might add. (Please note, if you are looking for a a pumpkin muffin recipe that is actually more like a pumpkin cupcake, then please keep looking. These are NOT very sweet muffins, though I’m thinking that is exactly why I like them so much!)
- 1½ cups whole spelt flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice blend
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup honey
- ? cup melted butter
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin pan with liners and set aside.
- Using a whisk or fork mix together the flour, pumpkin spice, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Make a well (hole) in the center of the flour mixture and drop in the eggs, honey, and melted butter. Mix together until well combined. Fold in the pumpkin puree. Do not overmix.
- Pour the batter into the muffin pan so it’s evenly distributed. Bake until golden brown and a toothpick comes clean, about 18 – 20 minutes. Store at room temperature or freeze for a rainy day.